A Doctrine Hated Even by Most Christians
Series God's Absolute Sovereignty
Take the link below to find Scripture Proofs for the Doctrine discussed in this sermon.
Positive Truths regarding Predestination – or the Absolute Sovereignty of God
- God – from all eternity has ordained whatsoever comes to pass.
- God's predestination is unchangeable.
- God's Predestination of all things includes both the election and reprobation of individuals.
What God's Sovereignty and Absolute Predestination Does Not mean
- God's Predestination of all things does not mean God is the author of sin.
- God's Predestination of all things does not destroy the contingency of second causes.
- God's predestination does not deny or destroy human responsibility.
- God's predestination is not based upon “looking ahead” and forseeing what would take place.
Truths Regarding Election and Reprobation
- The goal of both Election and Reprobation is ultimately -- the glory of God.
- The number of the elect AND the reprobate is absolutely fixed and it can not be changed.
- Election and reprobation are both decreed by God before the foundations of the earth – or before time began.
- The means of election is God's free grace and the love of God in Christ.
Some Practical Considerations Regarding Reprobation
|Jun 11, 2006
|Sunday - PM