Why did Jesus Come?
John 18:33-38 " Then Pilate entered into the judgment hall again, and called Jesus, and said unto him, Art thou the King of the Jews?
34 ¶ Jesus answered him, Sayest thou this thing of thyself, or did others tell it thee of me?
35 ¶ Pilate answered, Am I a Jew? Thine own nation and the chief priests have delivered thee unto me: what hast thou done?
36 ¶ Jesus answered, My kingdom is not of this world: if my kingdom were of this world, then would my servants fight, that I should not be delivered to the Jews: but now is my kingdom not from hence.
37 ¶ Pilate therefore said unto him, Art thou a king then? Jesus answered, Thou sayest that I am a king. To this end was I born, and for this cause came I into the world, that I should bear witness unto the truth. Every one that is of the truth heareth my voice.
38 ¶ Pilate saith unto him, What is truth? And when he had said this, he went out again unto the Jews, and saith unto them, I find in him no fault at all."
Have You Ever Wondered?
Have you ever wondered what God's love, wisdom, grace, and His Son have in common?
Have you ever wondered how it is that what they have in common should affect our view and value on everything?
Let's look in the word and talk about it.
May these truths equip you with a discerning mind, courageous heart, and a tender spirit for His work and your race.
A few bullet points from the transcription of this message.
• Personalizing the Gospel and living by God's words.
◦ Pastor Nick Holden emphasizes the importance of personalizing the Gospel and reasoning from the Scriptures to make it clear and dear to believers' hearts.
• The importance of selfless love.
◦ Paul emphasizes that not all love is equal, and the wrong kind of love can have severe consequences.
◦ He uses hypothetical scenarios to illustrate that even with great gifts like prophecy, knowledge, and faith, without the right kind of love, it's all meaningless.
◦ Pastor Nick emphasizes the importance of understanding God's definition of love, rather than relying on personal interpretations.
◦ He encourages listeners to seek God's truth and wisdom to see things from His perspective, rather than their own.
◦ Love that never fails is rooted in God and manifested through Christ, rejoicing in truth rather than evil.
• Wisdom and love in the Bible.
◦ God describes wisdom as excellent and right things that come from His lips, tied to love and divine characteristics.
◦ Wisdom and love cannot rejoice in iniquity or wickedness, they are an abomination to both.
• Grace, iniquity, and living a godly life…
#nestingwithjesus #acts5and20 #james3 #1thessalonians1 #1thessalonians2 #1corinthians
Title: "What Will I See In Heaven "
This passage teaches that heaven is a very real place, for all redeemed people to live for eternity. After all, everything in our spiritual life and destiny is in heaven , therefore, we ought to know a little bit about this wonderful place. John begins to describe heaven in this chapter and finishes it out in the next chapter.
In this chapter you will learn about making your house a ministry for others. When you open your home up to for neighbors and family it can be a atmosphere of love, joy and peace for others to experience God's love.
In another type or shadow of the life of Jesus in the account of Joseph in Genesis, we see them both falsely accused and arrested but also both maintaining Biblical character throughout.
Also Reference: Proverbs 7:22, Genesis 19:15-18. Matthew 26:60-61, John 2:19, John 2:20-21, Genesis 2:17, Genesis 3:4, Matthew 26:50, James 4:10 (see also Matthew 4 and Luke 4)
A Helpful or Hurtful Witness
11.26.2023 am service at Briggs Chapel
An introductory overview of Paul's letter and message to the church that gathered in Philippi (Philippians).
What Hinders Our Witness and Work?
What Helps Our Witness and Work?
Summary bullet points from the transcription of this message.
• Growing up, discipline, and faith.
◦ Pastor Nick Holden reminisces about his childhood, including his father's disciplinary methods and his own mischievous behavior.
◦ Pastor Nick recounts a specific incident where he disobeyed his father's instructions and started the family car, resulting in a lasting lesson about respecting boundaries.
◦ Pastor Nick discusses the church at Philippi, mentioning its founding in Acts 16 and the apostle Paul's establishing the work there and continued connection to the church.
◦ Pastor Nick shares insights on the joy and gladness found in the book of Philippians, highlighting the richness of the letter and its significance to the church.
• The witness and work of God in believers.
◦ God opened Lydia's heart to the gospel, and she immediately invited Paul to her house to stay and be cared for.
◦ Despite being beaten and imprisoned, the jailer got saved that night and brought Paul to his house to care for him, showing his newfound faith in action.
◦ Pastor Nick highlights the importance of praying for one another to abound in love, as seen in Philippians 1:9.
◦ He emphasizes the need to see the work of God in us and be effective in our journey, as mentioned in the letter.
• Growing in love and maturity through knowledge and discernment. ..
**more bullet points in comments
#nestingwithjesus #philippians1 #acts16 #philip