I made a little video a couple days ago. It was five years ago that I was diagnosed with cancer (CLL), so I wanted to capitalize on the timing, celebrate God's goodness, and use what He's done in me to help others.
In this video, I share how I would have never known I had cancer unless they tested my blood. There was no other way to validate that without a test. Well, the same way with our spiritual condition. There's no way to determine your spiritual condition without a test. And God's word gives us a clear test of what God expects and what often is not happening. So God's word is revealing — like my cancer was revealed through a test, His word reveals, okay, I got a problem. And who's the only one that can reconcile that? Jesus Jesus Jesus!
Recently, I shared a witness with some guys building a new fence around the cemetery. I got to talk with them about how we ALL come from one blood. How my blood was polluted and messed up with a particular kind of blood cancer. They looked at me like, "You got cancer?" I said, "Yeah, I have a blood disorder, I have bad blood, diseased blood!" Then I said, "But I would've never known that I was sick, without a test. And I said, "God also gives us a test of revealing that we have a bad and corrupt heart. Our hearts are corrupt and messed up." And I had the opportunity to share how I know that and thought of doing the same with you.
And thank each of you for interceding and walking through this journey with us. And pass this word on if you think it will help those you love.
Blessing to you and your nest,
Nick and Honey
"He has made from one blood every nation of men…" Acts 17:26-31
FROM one blood we were all born into this wor
This Week on "The Friends of Israel Today" Radio:
Christmas is coming soon, and many people are searching for the perfect Christmas present. But only one gift is eternally fulfilling, and it's offered freely to everyone: Jesus! On this week's show, international ministries director Dan Price shares insight from his Israel My Glory article "One Righteous Christmas Present!" concerning our relationships with Jesus and the Law of Moses. As you consider how Jesus freed us from the Law's requirements and our slavery to sin, you'll find the goodness of the incomparable blessings we have in Christ, the greatest gift we'll ever receive!
Link to Show Notes: https://radio.foi.org/2023/12/01/december-2-2023-israel-my-glory-in-depth-interview-w-dan-price/
Have You Ever Wondered?
Have you ever wondered what God's love, wisdom, grace, and His Son have in common?
Have you ever wondered how it is that what they have in common should affect our view and value on everything?
Let's look in the word and talk about it.
May these truths equip you with a discerning mind, courageous heart, and a tender spirit for His work and your race.
A few bullet points from the transcription of this message.
• Personalizing the Gospel and living by God's words.
◦ Pastor Nick Holden emphasizes the importance of personalizing the Gospel and reasoning from the Scriptures to make it clear and dear to believers' hearts.
• The importance of selfless love.
◦ Paul emphasizes that not all love is equal, and the wrong kind of love can have severe consequences.
◦ He uses hypothetical scenarios to illustrate that even with great gifts like prophecy, knowledge, and faith, without the right kind of love, it's all meaningless.
◦ Pastor Nick emphasizes the importance of understanding God's definition of love, rather than relying on personal interpretations.
◦ He encourages listeners to seek God's truth and wisdom to see things from His perspective, rather than their own.
◦ Love that never fails is rooted in God and manifested through Christ, rejoicing in truth rather than evil.
• Wisdom and love in the Bible.
◦ God describes wisdom as excellent and right things that come from His lips, tied to love and divine characteristics.
◦ Wisdom and love cannot rejoice in iniquity or wickedness, they are an abomination to both.
• Grace, iniquity, and living a godly life…
#nestingwithjesus #acts5and20 #james3 #1thessalonians1 #1thessalonians2 #1corinthians
Title: "What Will I See In Heaven "
This passage teaches that heaven is a very real place, for all redeemed people to live for eternity. After all, everything in our spiritual life and destiny is in heaven , therefore, we ought to know a little bit about this wonderful place. John begins to describe heaven in this chapter and finishes it out in the next chapter.
The Reformations of the 16th century was no less than the rebirth and resurrection of the church of Jesus Christ from false doctrine that laid an impossible burden on people and robbed christ of his glory as the all sufficent Savior of sinners through personal faith in him. The recovery of key doctrine is expressed in later adopted mottos of the five solas- Scripture alone, Grace aloe, faith alone, Christ alone for the glory of God alone.
Exhorting from Ruth 3, Israel urged the Seminary community in this chapel message to seek their deepest rest in Christ, just as Ruth found repose and refuge in her kinsman-redeemer Boaz centuries ago. Through this biblical parallel, Israel reminds us that total relief is found when we wholly entrust our weary souls to our Lord, as Ruth entrusted herself entirely to Boaz's care and provision when she lay at his feet.