Luke 17:20-37, Genesis 6:8-9, Hebrews 11:7. Ezekiel 14:14, 2 Peter 2:5
Noah found grace in the eyes of GOD.
Noah was a comfort in his day & generation.
Noah was a just man & perfect in his generation.
Noah walked with GOD.
Noah lived for the Lord who saved him.
Noah, moved with fear, prepared an ark to the saving of his house.
Noah lived by Faith.
Peter calls upon God's people to "consider that the longsuffering of our Lord is salvation." God's patience lies behind the saving favour that every child of God enjoys and will enjoy. Here we think about the patience God shows before someone becomes a Christian, when they are becoming a Christian, and after they have become a Christian. Such contemplations fill the heart of a child of God with humble wonder, and—far from inciting the wicked to indulge their sin—should be the very thing which draw sinners to repent.
Why did Jesus Come?
John 18:33-38 " Then Pilate entered into the judgment hall again, and called Jesus, and said unto him, Art thou the King of the Jews?
34 ¶ Jesus answered him, Sayest thou this thing of thyself, or did others tell it thee of me?
35 ¶ Pilate answered, Am I a Jew? Thine own nation and the chief priests have delivered thee unto me: what hast thou done?
36 ¶ Jesus answered, My kingdom is not of this world: if my kingdom were of this world, then would my servants fight, that I should not be delivered to the Jews: but now is my kingdom not from hence.
37 ¶ Pilate therefore said unto him, Art thou a king then? Jesus answered, Thou sayest that I am a king. To this end was I born, and for this cause came I into the world, that I should bear witness unto the truth. Every one that is of the truth heareth my voice.
38 ¶ Pilate saith unto him, What is truth? And when he had said this, he went out again unto the Jews, and saith unto them, I find in him no fault at all."
I made a little video a couple days ago. It was five years ago that I was diagnosed with cancer (CLL), so I wanted to capitalize on the timing, celebrate God's goodness, and use what He's done in me to help others.
In this video, I share how I would have never known I had cancer unless they tested my blood. There was no other way to validate that without a test. Well, the same way with our spiritual condition. There's no way to determine your spiritual condition without a test. And God's word gives us a clear test of what God expects and what often is not happening. So God's word is revealing — like my cancer was revealed through a test, His word reveals, okay, I got a problem. And who's the only one that can reconcile that? Jesus Jesus Jesus!
Recently, I shared a witness with some guys building a new fence around the cemetery. I got to talk with them about how we ALL come from one blood. How my blood was polluted and messed up with a particular kind of blood cancer. They looked at me like, "You got cancer?" I said, "Yeah, I have a blood disorder, I have bad blood, diseased blood!" Then I said, "But I would've never known that I was sick, without a test. And I said, "God also gives us a test of revealing that we have a bad and corrupt heart. Our hearts are corrupt and messed up." And I had the opportunity to share how I know that and thought of doing the same with you.
And thank each of you for interceding and walking through this journey with us. And pass this word on if you think it will help those you love.
Blessing to you and your nest,
Nick and Honey
"He has made from one blood every nation of men…" Acts 17:26-31
FROM one blood we were all born into this wor
Have You Ever Wondered?
Have you ever wondered what God's love, wisdom, grace, and His Son have in common?
Have you ever wondered how it is that what they have in common should affect our view and value on everything?
Let's look in the word and talk about it.
May these truths equip you with a discerning mind, courageous heart, and a tender spirit for His work and your race.
A few bullet points from the transcription of this message.
• Personalizing the Gospel and living by God's words.
◦ Pastor Nick Holden emphasizes the importance of personalizing the Gospel and reasoning from the Scriptures to make it clear and dear to believers' hearts.
• The importance of selfless love.
◦ Paul emphasizes that not all love is equal, and the wrong kind of love can have severe consequences.
◦ He uses hypothetical scenarios to illustrate that even with great gifts like prophecy, knowledge, and faith, without the right kind of love, it's all meaningless.
◦ Pastor Nick emphasizes the importance of understanding God's definition of love, rather than relying on personal interpretations.
◦ He encourages listeners to seek God's truth and wisdom to see things from His perspective, rather than their own.
◦ Love that never fails is rooted in God and manifested through Christ, rejoicing in truth rather than evil.
• Wisdom and love in the Bible.
◦ God describes wisdom as excellent and right things that come from His lips, tied to love and divine characteristics.
◦ Wisdom and love cannot rejoice in iniquity or wickedness, they are an abomination to both.
• Grace, iniquity, and living a godly life…
#nestingwithjesus #acts5and20 #james3 #1thessalonians1 #1thessalonians2 #1corinthians
Title: "What Will I See In Heaven "
This passage teaches that heaven is a very real place, for all redeemed people to live for eternity. After all, everything in our spiritual life and destiny is in heaven , therefore, we ought to know a little bit about this wonderful place. John begins to describe heaven in this chapter and finishes it out in the next chapter.
The Reformations of the 16th century was no less than the rebirth and resurrection of the church of Jesus Christ from false doctrine that laid an impossible burden on people and robbed christ of his glory as the all sufficent Savior of sinners through personal faith in him. The recovery of key doctrine is expressed in later adopted mottos of the five solas- Scripture alone, Grace aloe, faith alone, Christ alone for the glory of God alone.
Learning Who and How to Fight
Yes, don't be caught off guard, blindsided or unaware…
Self (flesh) — Mortify
Society's System— Hate
Satan — Resist
And as brother James reminds us:
"But He gives MORE grace. [This is] why He said, God resists the proud, but gives grace to the humble" (James 4:6).
(2 Corinthians 4:7-18 ; 12:7-10 ; James 4:6-10 ; Romans 5:1-5 ; 1 Peter 1:6-9 and 5:5-11 ; Titus 2:11-14)
A few bullet points from the transcription of this message.
• Spiritual condition and cancer diagnosis.
◦ Pastor Nick Holden shared his personal experience with cancer and how it revealed a deeper spiritual condition, using the analogy of a blood test to illustrate the importance of self-examination.
◦ Brother Holden and his friends discussed the idea of corruption and how it affects us all, with Holden sharing his own struggles with a blood disorder and the importance of seeking God's glory in our lives.
◦ Pastor Nick discusses interacting with people while out and about, and how he prefers to engage with others rather than being on his phone.
• Humility and submission in Christian life.
◦ Pastor Nick emphasizes the importance of being under orders and working together in harmony, with humility and meekness, to fulfill one's assignment.
◦ James encourages younger people to submit themselves to their elders and work together in unity, with humility and teachability, to fulfill their assignments…
#nestingwithjesus #james #james4 #1peter5 #resist #mortify #hate #pride #self #flesh #world #satan #proverbs3 #grace #redeeminggrace #agendaofgrace #schoolofgrace #humblinghearts #knockingdownwalls #settingsinnersfree #moregrace #greatgrace #walls #glory
What goes into believers' plans and greetings? Titus 3:12–15 prepares us for the second serial reading in public worship on the Lord's Day. In these four verses of Holy Scripture, the Holy Spirit teaches us that believers humbly see their neediness and seek/accept help, but also rejoice at opportunities to be used by Christ to meet others' needs